When to use a mask
- Before putting on a face mask, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind do not touch the front of the mask; discard immediately in a closed bin, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
When & how to wear medical face masks to protect against coronavirus?
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.